Saturday, April 12, 2008

Meat Loaf (Veggie of course!)

I won't promise that I'll update more than once a week. I can't even seem to get myself motivated to update my regular blog more than about once a month; however, I'll do my best. I got really burnt out updating this every day so don't expect that.

So tonight we had Vegetarian Meatloaf, Green Beans and Mashed Potatoes.

















That's kind of a crappy picture... I should have used a smaller plate, so here's a "close-up" on the meat loaf.


















Vegetarian Meat Loaf

2 Eggs (or 2x Egg Replacer for the Vegans)
1 box firm silken tofu
1 tablespoon soy sauce
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 packet onion soup mix
1 medium chopped onion
3 stalks celery chopped (chop them small)
8oz chopped baby portobello mushrooms
1.5 teaspoon of basil
1.5 teaspoon of oregano
0.5 teaspoon sage
1.5 cups plain bread crumbs

Preheat Oven to 350F

In food processor (or blender) mix eggs, tofu, soup mix, walnuts and blend until smooth.
In pan with a bit of olive oil, saute veggies until soft mix in the herbs and stir well.
In a bowl mix blended tofu mixture and sauted veggies. Add bread crumbs and mix well. Pour into a greased bread pan and bake at 350F for 1 hour 30 minutes. Let it sit on the counter and cool for about 15 minutes before slicing.

I supposed you could do the traditional ketchup on the top of the meatloaf but... ick.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

~B. said...

Welcome back! :) So glad to see you two back.