Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hope all the American blog readers had a great Thanksgiving. It's currently snowing here, and I hope it keeps it up. I want to see some sticking!

We had a HUGE dinner tonight and will likely eat the leftovers for the next several days.

TOFURKY! Yum Yum.

















Learn why I don't feed my kids Turkey on Thanksgiving:


Stuffing:















Green Bean Casserole with Fresh Made French Fried Onions!















"Tomato Ick" (Recipe to Follow)
















Apple-Cranberry Dumplings
















Mashed Potatoes w/butter
















Rolls















Pumpkin Pie!
















Tomato Ick
Got its name because my father hates tomatoes and my mom made this and he said "oh, it looks like tomato ick"

2 large cans stewed whole tomatoes - drained
2 small onions sliced
1/2 stick butter
8-10 pieces of dry bread chopped into "squares"

Mix tomatoes, onions and bread gently in a baking dish. Top with pats of butter. Bake at 350 for like 40-ish minutes until the top is browned.

4 comments:

Dana said...

NOT watching the turkey video - ignorance is bliss! I will say that the Tofurky looks quite good, and I'm going to definately try the Tomato Ick recipe. Are the Apple-Cranberry Dumplings from scratch?

Just Me said...

I am with you Dana. No turkey video here either.

I only see red X for pictures. But I bet it all looked and tasted great.

Dar said...

My husband was making fun of tofurkey the other day when his family was over. All I could do is laugh at him. I was too amused to inform his family that he has decided that we will go vegan after the holidays!


www.homeschoolblogger.com/keldaris

Unknown said...

Seems to be several recurring themes here. No turkey video for me either. In high school I saw a 60 Minutes special on the chicken industry and didn't eat chicken for nearly four years. I have to say that the tofurkey actually looks quite tasty. Do you buy it like that (stuffed) or is that something you do yourself?