Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Shells with Sour Cream

I was all set to make something else when my 9 year old asked if I would make this tonight, so I did. This is something that is from my childhood -- my great grandmother used to make this and I understand that it sounds gross but it actually is really good. The only thing with this is you have to use some salt. If you don't put salt on it, it doesn't taste right.
















Shells with Sour Cream
Pasta Shells
Sour Cream
Pepper
Salt
1-2 Tbs butter

Boil pasta per box directions and drain. Melt butter and mix with pasta. Add sour cream until well coated -- I honestly have no idea how much I use. Sorry. Liberal amount of pepper and salt and mix well and enjoy.

I know it sounds bizarre but have I steered you in the wrong direction yet? ;)

3 comments:

Dana said...

Ummm ... actually this sounds very much like a German dish my grandmother used to make, only instead of pasta she made it with SpƤtzle and added onion. It's still one of my favorites!

Just Me said...

It actually does sound very yummy. I enjoy reading your yummy dinners, I may never remember to make them, but I sure like reading them. :P

Anne said...

Sounds good, but I'm not sure my husband and children would go for this.