Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Dinners Recently



I've been neglecting this blog. Lack of inspiration I guess. But I have been taking pics so here's a couple of our recent dinners:

Tonight I made this tomato/cheddar/macaroni bake that I concocted along with some help from a recipe I found online.

Here's what I did:

Boil 1/2 lb. macaroni about 8 minutes. Drain and add to 1 qt stewed tomatoes (I used some my MIL canned last summer), spices to taste including celery salt, black pepper, ground mustard, a little sugar and salt. Add about a cup of cheddar cheese shredded and about two tablespoons of unsalted butter. Pour into casserole dish and top with some more cheese and buttered breadcrumbs. Bake 30 minutes at 350. It was VERY good. I also made some steamed corn but you know what that stuff looks like!

The kids and I dined in front of Nemo since my husband is working late and it's just us girls.

Last night we had baked chicken with gravy, brown rice and steamed mixed veggies. I seasoned the chicken with this rotisserie seasoning I found at the store and some sage. It was really tasty.


I guess that's all. I'll try and get back in the habit of posting daily. I've just been consumed with other things lately and I'm not really thrilled with the pictures my crappy digital camera takes. Maybe Santa will bring me a better one. ;)

7 comments:

Dana said...

It's good to see you back! I check the blog daily and really miss peeking in to your and Tali's dining rooms!!

Anne said...

That macaroni dish looks tasty. I still check in every day.

btrflymischief said...

yay! You're back add me to the list of regulars checking in all the time :)

Anne said...

Just had to come back and say I made the macaroni thing for lunch (I used Italian diced tomatoes) and 2 of my kids loved it. The other one said it tasted weird. I ate some also and I loved it.

nicole o. said...

glad to see your back! I'm also an everyday reader-keep updating!!! good use of the sage; it's my new favorite herb!

~B. said...

I'm still checking this somewhat regularly, hoping that you two will be back. I hope that you're all ok.

(formerly commented anonymously)

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great family dinner. Plop those kids down in front of the tv at a plastic table. Now that's some wholesome family bonding time!