Thursday, October 4, 2007

Salmon, Veggies & Rice



We had salmon baked in the oven and seasoned with lemon pepper and lemon juice, rice, and steamed veggies.

I liked it but I was the only one. The girls wouldn't taste it. Cate's sick so I really just wanted her to eat the rice. Emma wouldn't even taste the salmon. The husband said he doesn't care much for baked fish and proceeded to dump soy sauce all over the veggies and the rice. I think they got spoiled after last night's dinner and thumbed their noses at this healthy stuff.

2 comments:

Dana said...

Mmmmm ... salmon! I'll eat your hubby's share AND what the girls left!

nicole o. said...

Growing up, I always hated salmon. It has a VERY fishy taste. The only way I will cook it and eat it (without the fishy flavor) is grilled on top of a cedar plank. Salmon is a very tricky seafood; if you don't get it just right, it's horrible. I'll have to bring you a plank and make you try it sometime. I GUARANTEE everyone will eat it. We have turned the non-believers into salmon lovers. It's a dish we like to WOW people with.