Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Two Meals

The soup (yeah, I kind of copied Tali but this one is not vegetarian. ;) )


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


The casserole


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I worked all day on making this chicken noodle soup. Well, the broth anyway. Then I used the chicken to make chicken salad and this casserole that Billy's aunt used to make - Chicken Divan it's called in the recipe book she made me. I used the broth to make soup without any chicken in it.

Emma didn't like the casserole but loved the soup and Cate liked the casserole. Strange kids.

Tomorrow night I'll be out doing a party - have I mentioned I sell sex toys? Please, don't let that make you lose your appetite.

There will be no post from me tomorrow since the husband will be feeding the girls leftovers.

Aunt Tina's Chicken Divan

Layer cooked and chopped chicken in bottom of casserole dish. Layer with steamed chopped broccoli. Mix up this for the sauce:

1 can of cream of chicken soup (or other cream soup that you like)
Aunt Tina called for 1/2 tsp. of curry but I used this Pampered Chef dill seasoning instead
1 tsp lemon juice
black pepper
1/4 c. mayo

Layer that over the brocolli and then sprinkle with parmesan. Repeat layering process and top with either bread crumbs or stuffing (I used Stove Top). Sprinkle lightly with cheddar and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.


These crazy kids:


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

Dana said...

My family is casserole challenged - I wish they weren't as this sounds good!

Anonymous said...

OK, I'm totally craving this dish. YUM!!!! I would love to have dinner at your place nearly every night. Love your down to earth meals.