Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Spaghetti

Soccer practice + Cub Scouts = Easy Dinner. So tonight we did spaghetti. I like spaghetti because it's one of those things that I can hide veggies in without anyone caring. Not to mention that when we get home at 7:30 at night it takes all of 15 minutes to prepare.

So it's plain old boring pasta with organic jarred pasta sauce mixed with some pesto. Then, to hide some veggies -- I added some diced tomatoes and chopped fresh baby spinach and topped it off with some fresh Parmesan cheese.















To answer yesterday's comment question about our Alfredo sauce. Yes, we make it from scratch. It's rather easy to do. If you go to this post and replace the mozzarella with Parmesan you've got our version of Alfredo sauce.

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Thanks! This looks yummy too. I tried the tofu cutlets with mushroom and it was so good.

M said...

Looks delish as always. I was wondering though, after you made the tofu. What the heck does tofu taste like? I'd like to try it sometime.