Thursday, September 6, 2007

Stuffed Mushrooms

Tonight we had mushrooms stuffed with fake sausage. We also had some bruschetta-style bread on the side.
















To answer the question about my Asian meal. I have no idea if they are noodles with eggs in them. I just picked up some asian-style noodles. I am not a vegan so I don't really look too often at ingredients of things that I know are going to be vegetarian (ie. bread, pasta). But next time I'm at the store I'll look and report back. :)

Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms
Sausage Crumbles from Morningstar Farms
Large mushroom caps
Fresh Mozzarella cheese chopped into "chunks"
Spicy Pizza Sauce
1 onion diced
2 cloves garlic minced
1 egg

Toss the onion, garlic and sasuage crumbles in a pan. Cook until sausage is warm. Toss in some pizza sauce to coat the sausage. Take off the heat and let stand for about 5 minutes. Put in a mixing bowl, add the egg and mix well. Stuff the mixture into the mushrooms. Put Mushrooms in 400 degree oven. Let cook for about 20 minutes.

6 comments:

Dana said...

Another delicious looking dinner! This is another one I think I might be able to trick my family in to eating.

Anonymous said...

mmmmmm stuffed mushrooms. Too bad I am the only mushroom eater in the house. These would be awesome!! Might have to remember that for Superbowl Sunday ;)

Me

Just Me said...

Interesting dish. I am going to make a list of some of your dishes, and give them a whirl. I may be the only one eating them but that is alright to.

Leighann said...

I don't care for mushrooms but hubby and the kids would LOVE this!

Elisa said...

(Leaving you a comment since you're not online.) This does look yummy. I love stuffed mushrooms. Not so sure about the faux sausage crumbles but I'd try it.

My grandmother used to make stuffed mushrooms when I was a kid. I wish I knew what was in them. They were delicious!

Anonymous said...

This is another dish I had the opportunity to try in real life. I really think that even if you didn’t like mushrooms, you would enjoy this dish. The seasoning in the “meat” actually permeates in to the mushroom, making the mushroom flavor very subtle. I can’t imagine anyone – even the most serious meat eater – would believe these weren’t stuffed with real sausage.