Thursday, September 13, 2007

Steak on the Grill



This guy came knocking on my door today selling steaks. I'm such a sucker. I bought 10 filet mignons and 24 chopped sirloins for $47. Is that outrageous or a great deal? He started with $380 but eventually came down when I told him I didn't have it like that.

So we had filet mignon tonight and potatoes and a tossed salad. I didn't eat all that by the way, the girls ate some of the meat. I think my husband actually cooked them a little too long. Either that or the meat wasn't that great. It wasn't as tender as I remembered a filet. In any case, I'm really craving something other than cow for tomorrow. ;)

2 comments:

Dana said...

Sounds like you got a much better deal from your door-to-door meat man than DH did! Who sells meat door-to-door anyway?

nicole o. said...

the guys with freezers in the back of the truck, of course!

i wish they had turned out better for you, Elisa!