Thursday, August 2, 2007

Another Simple Meal


For dinner tonight we had pan fried pork chops, baked red potatoes, and glazed carrots.

I will say this about the potatoes, I have no idea how Tali gets them done in 30 minutes. I cooked mine for around 45 minutes and they still weren't as done as I would have liked.

Recipe & Ingredients

3 large pork chops with bone in
baby carrots
red potatoes
fresh rosemary
olive oil
unsalted butter
flour
seasoning salt
kosher salt
pepper

I moistened the pork chops by rinsing them and dipped them in the flour. Fried them lightly in a pan of about a tablespoon of oil and a pat of butter. When they were browned, I put them on a cookie sheet and tossed them in a 375 degree oven with the carrots and potatoes until done.

For the carrots, I just tossed them in a casserole dish with a little butter. When they were done, I sprinkled a little brown sugar on them.

For the potatoes, see Talisman's recipe here.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

A trick my German friend taught me... rosemary tastes AMAZING on any type of pork... from pork chops to pork tenderloin... Rosemary has become a new staple spice in my home.

I always need an hour for potatoes up at 6,000+ FT above sea level.

Just your everyday average married momma... said...

I wish I could make pan fried pork chops, but I'm not brave enough, not to mention I hate the smell of grease and meat in a pan stinkng up my kitchen....

Looks yummy though...

Anonymous said...

You might find that moistening the chops with a bit of dijon mustard, then dredging them in seasoned flour, adds an amazing layer of flavor.

Rebecca said...

We usually steam our red potatoes...it's faster. Ziploc even has new microwave bags you can steam your food in....and they are done in 11 minutes that way!