Thursday, August 23, 2007

It's not beef - stroganoff

There's something wrong with my camera. It won't focus. I don't know what the problem is. I don't recall dropping it or anything. I'm going to post tonights picture but it just looks like crap. If I can't get it fixed in the next 24 hours I will try to see if I can get a still shot of dinner with my webcam but if that doesn't work I can't afford a new camera until I get paid next week. I'll still post what we ate and any recipes that might go along with it but I won't be able to post any pictures until I get the new camera.

So here's a REALLY bad picture of dinner tonight.


Vegetarian Beef Stroganoff













Ingredients:
1 package of Morningstar Farms Steak Strips OR 2 pouches of Boca Crumbles
2 cans of Cream of mushroom soup
1 onion chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
milk
Fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup Fresh chopped spinach
1 box of pasta of your choice

Boil pasta per directions on box

In a pan with some olive oil saute the onions and garlic. Add in the cream of mushroom soup and enough milk to make it thin (I think about a cup to a cup and a half??). Toss in the "meat", fresh mushrooms and chopped fresh spinach. Heat until warm

Top cooked pasta with the mushroom/meat mixture and top with more fresh spinach

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like my food looks in the morning before I put my glasses on! *wink*

Meggie Mom Fantastic said...

UH, have you tried the macro button? Stroganoff is my #1 comfort food, my dad used to make it all the time.