Monday, August 20, 2007

Quiche

I was going to make something totally different for dinner tonight and I had the dough in the pie pan and went into the freezer to get some boca crumbles and there weren't any! DoH! So this is honestly a 5 minute "oh crap what do I have in the house that I can put in a dough base?!"

What did I come up with? Quiche!













Quiche with fresh chopped spinach and feta cheese. With mozzarella-basil garlic bread and a field greens salad.



The baby loved it too. I have no idea how he manages to get a piece of food in the middle of his chin every time he eats.














For the quiche I used only 2 egg yolks and the rest were egg whites because I don't really want my children to stroke out. I chopped up fresh spinach and tossed in some feta cheese. I also made a mozzarella garlic bread from some old hoagie rolls I had around the house. I sprinkled some minced garlic on the bread roll, sliced up some fresh mozzarella, and put that on the bread. Topped it with some fresh basil and tossed it in the toaster oven until the cheese was melted.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am impressed! The *oh shit* meal in my house is usually Subway or Pizza delivery *grin*

Leighann said...

That looks really good! It's been a long time since I've made a quiche!

Just Me said...

I agree with Dana. *oh shit* meals are usually now where? It looks very good.

Just your everyday average married momma... said...

Um, so where exactly "around the house" were the hoagie rolls? cuz um, they take on a MUCH different flavor if found say..in the dirty socks hamper versus say...um the breadbox?! Just curious

M said...

What number is on your little man's jersey. We have the same one in #83.