Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Peppers & Sausages (meat eater style!)



Not too long ago Tali posted a dinner with peppers and sausages vegetarian style. Well, this is with REAL sausage and let me tell you it was YUMMY! I used Nathan's Kielbasas and red, yellow, and orange peppers sauteed with half of a vidalia onion. The only thing I didn't do was use tomato sauce. I used two small cans of diced tomatoes. There was some sauce but I didn't put it on until I was eating it and realized it needed some. I put two cloves of garlic in with the tomatoes. Perfect!

Man, was this tasty! I definitely recommend this meal and I even got my picky ass husband to take a few bites of the peppers. They were a bit pricey (almost $5 for three freakin' peppers!) but very good and you feel like your getting some health food with your kielbasa. I washed this all down with some yummy locally made white wine. (Don't worry, it was cheap but not out of a box!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks just like Tali's version Elisa - BEAUTIFUL!

Leighann said...

white plate, white plate, white plate, white plate!! *snicker*