Thursday, August 23, 2007

Salad & Piggies



The husband is working late again and I procrastinated all afternoon so we had a simple dinner (think this is a habit?) of pigs in a blanket and a salad.

I was so excited to score a $1 coupon off Hebrew National hot dogs recently. They really are good. I love that you don't have to worry about icky parts of the cow in there. I cut them in half and wrap them in crescent rolls and serve with spicy mustard. Yum! For the girls, I cut them up into choke-proof bites.

For my salad I tossed together baby spinach leaves, some green leaf lettuce, red onion, cherry tomatoes (from the in-laws' garden) and avocado with a vinaigrette dressing. What? Avocado? I know, I know, it's not my usual thing but I thought I'd try it since it's supposedly so wonderful. The girls did not like it, not one little bit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am going to remove ALL piggies from your house! You cannot have pigs-in-a-blanket once each week - it just isn't right *giggle*

Just Me said...

Yummy. We love P.I.B. @ our house. Well wife and hubby. Child will not touch them. I like how you throw in some type veggie with all meals.

nicole o. said...

We need to do another Mama & Kids Dinner on a night your husband works latet! I can make my husband forage for his own food-just once! :)