Friday, August 31, 2007

Mexican Lasagna

I'm not sure why I call this Mexican Lasagna as I'm sure Mexicans actually make real lasagna but I couldn't think of a better name for it so there ya have it.

Mexican Lasagna














Ingredients:
Corn Tortillas
1 can black beans drained and rinsed
1 can corn drained
1 can diced tomatoes (not drained)
1 small can diced green chilis
2 pouches boca crumbles
taco mix
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
1 cup shredded cheese
Enchilada sauce
10x10 baking pan (I get about 9 slices of lasagna from the 13x9 pan)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375

Mix corn and black beans in a pot and warm.

Cook the boca crumbles with taco seasoning, can of tomatoes, onion and garlic.

Slice about 5 corn tortillas in half and have 3 whole ones.

Use the halved tortillas and lay along the bottom ouside of the pan, fill in the gap in the middle with a whole corn tortilla.

Place a layer of bean/corn mixture on top of the tortillas. (I only end up using about half of the corn/bean mixture.)

Put another layer of corn tortillas on top of the bean/corn mixture.

Top that layer of tortillas with "meat".

Place a final layer of corn tortillas on top of the "meat" mixture.

Place green chilis on top of tortillas and then top with cheese. Place in the oven until warmed through and cheese is melted (about 20 minutes).

With about 5 minutes left on the oven warm up the enchilada sauce.

Slice Mexican lasagna and put on plate. Top with 1-2 tablespoons of enchilada sauce. Add sour cream, avocado or salsa (or all 3!) on top of the enchilada sauce.

Enjoy! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I might be able to sneak this one over on my family.