Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Tacos!

We had tacos up on the menu for today and I blame Elisa for stealing my idea yesterday and giving you two days with one of us having the same menu. ;) j/k


My 7 year old prefers soft tacos with just "meat" and cheese. He also had a side of corn and black beans w/jalapenos.

*I forgot to put his avocado on the beans before I took the picture.

The baby had a soft taco for dinner as well.


My 9 year old likes crunchy tacos with all the fixin's.















Vegetarian Tacos

I am not a big fan of soy meat, I think it tastes funky. So any time I cook with it I make sure to add stuff to hide the flavor.

Ingredients:
Boca Crumbles
Taco Mix
Small Can of Tomato Sauce
Can of diced tomatoes (do not drain!)
Onion diced
Green chili diced
2 cloves garlic minced

With a small amout of olive oil saute onion, garlic and green chili until onion is soft. Mix in Boca "meat", can of tomato sauce, can of dice tomatoes and taco mix. You shouldn't need to add water like it says on the package of taco mix. If it looks too "thick" add a little water, but not more than a few tablespoons. Cook until warmed through.

Top with whatever you want -- we use cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one of those meals my family would never know was vegetarian. We're going to start eating a few of those!

Just Me said...

Looks good. But I am not a fan of black beans. I have to agree with Dana, I would have never known this was vegetarian.

Leighann said...

We had tacos last night too!

J recently had some chili with corn and black beans in it so I bought some black beans to experiment with. Did you add anything to them when you served them?